Touring grants are available to support scheduled performances in regional SA, interstate or internationally, that build audiences and/or professional networks.
For the purposes of this grant, a tour is defined as three or more confirmed performances in recognised music and/or house concert venues.
Regional SA and National Touring
You can apply for up to $10,000 towards associated, eligible expenses.
You can apply for up to 50% of total eligible expenses capped at $15,000.
Click here to download this information into a PDF document for printing.
South Australia-based musicians and music industry representatives who are creating and working with original, South Australian music of all genres are eligible to apply.
Please check the commencement date for the round to which you are submitting an application. Projects that start during or after the month following the commencement date are eligible for funding.
Please read the criteria specified in Essential reading before applying.
Applications will be assessed by the Contemporary Music peer assessment panel according to the following criteria:
- Artistic quality and merit
- Good planning and effective use of resources with realistic outcomes
- Demonstrated outcomes that will develop the professional career of the artist/s involved
- The contribution that the 'project' makes to a progressive music sector in South Australia
- Opportunities for audience development.
While you may request up to $10,000 for regional and national touring and up to $15,000 for international touring in this category, you are encouraged to discuss your budget with the relevant Arts South Australia project officer, and look at past grant recipients as a guide.
Eligible expenses include advertising, professional fees for services provided by publicists, tour managers, contract musicians, technicians, travel, visas, accommodation and freight.
Applications for touring must have at least three confirmed shows in recognised music venues at the point of submitting an application. The assessment panel will accept an updated touring itinerary via email before funding decisions are made, and this should be discussed with the relevant Arts South Australia project officer.
All applicants requesting support towards international touring must be able to demonstrate approved relevant visa status.
Applicants may also like to consider whether the project is relevant for developing a working relationship with Sounds Australia prior to submitting an application.
Before submitting an application, be sure to read the following information:
Ensure that you submit one signed original hard copy of your complete application, including all support material and one digital version on either a cd or usb, again, including digital copies of all relevant support material, including:
- Web links to samples of your music
- Letters of support from industry professionals
- Touring applications must include written confirmation of venue/show performances booked.
- I have discussed my application with an Arts South Australia program officer
- I have supplied one signed original hard copy and one digital copy of the entire application and supporting documents
- Where appropriate, I have supplied current letters of support from the relevant Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artists or organisations endorsing the cultural merits of the project
- I have retained a copy of this application for my records.