Festivals and Events grants are available for activities that support live performance opportunities for South Australian artists, and audience development for contemporary music in South Australia.
You can apply for up to 50% of the total eligible expenses.
Please discuss funding amounts with the relevant Arts South Australia project officer.
Click here to download this information into a PDF document for printing.
Elizabeth Reid - Project Officer, Contemporary Music
(08) 7320 3307
South Australian based festivals and music events that are creating audience development opportunities for original South Australian music of all genres are eligible to apply.
Eligible expenses for this grant include artist fees, production and marketing.
Please check the commencement date for the round to which you are submitting an application. Projects that start during or after the month following the commencement date are eligible for funding.
Please read the criteria specified in Essential reading before applying.
Applications will be assessed by the Contemporary Music peer assessment panel according to the following criteria:
- Artistic quality and merit
- Good planning and effective use of resources with realistic outcomes
- Demonstrated outcomes that will develop the professional career of the artist/s involved
- The contribution that the 'project' makes to a progressive music sector in South Australia
- Opportunities for audience development.
You are encouraged to discuss your budget with the relevant Arts South Australia project officer to determine your eligible expenses.
Before submitting an application, be sure to read the following information:
Ensure that you submit one signed original hard copy of your complete application, including all support material and one digital version on either a cd or usb, again, including digital copies of all relevant support material, including:
- Web links to samples of the music to be presented
- Bios of artists scheduled to perform
- Letters of support from relevant performers and industry professionals.
- I have discussed my application with an Arts South Australia program officer
- I have supplied one signed original hard copy and one digital copy of the entire application and supporting documents
- Where appropriate, I have supplied current letters of support from the relevant Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artists or organisations endorsing the cultural merits of the project
- I have retained a copy of this application for my records.